Activities available with Barton Manor Holidays
Stay in a luxury apartment set in sumptuous grounds in a beautiful part of West Sussex steeped in history.
You are able to mix and match a wide range of Activities and visit a range of Interesting local attractions.
- Americas Cup (4 days of trials at Portsmouth Sailing village)
- Amberley Castle (Crenelated castle with hotel, restaurant and afternoon teas)
- Arundel(Arundel Castle, Cathedral, Wetland centre, Museum, picturesque city) half & 1 day
- Birdwatching/ with renowned ornithologist 1 day
- Bosham and Cnut (Canute) (A beautiful village on the coast with impressive tide changes) half day
- Chichester (Roman remains, Chichester Cathedral Novium Museum, Chichester Festival Theatre and shopping) half & 1 day
- Chichester canal boat trips (Some themed ie Fish and Chip Supper) and Canal walks half & 1 day
- Clay pigeon shooting (Goodwood and other venues) half day
- Denmans Garden (Gardens and cafe/restaurant) half day
- Falconry Experience (A range of tasters and experiences with Owls Falcons Hawks) half & 1 day
- Felpham (William Blake and 12th century church and coastal location) half day
- Fishbourne Roman Palace (The largest Roman Palace north of Italy) half & 1 day
- Golf (Goodwood, Chichester, Bognor Regis and other courses) 1 day
- Goodwood Aviation (A range of flying Activities) half & 1 day
- Goodwood Horseracing (Glorious Goodwood & other meetings) 1 day
- Goodwood House ( Stately Home of the Duke of Richmond) half & 1 day
- Goodwood Motor Racing (Festival of Speed,Goodwood Revival, Track day & more) half & 1 day
- Horseriding Experiences (Riding and Instruction around the area) half & 1 day
- Osborne House (Queen Victoria's favorite residence on the Isle of Wight) 1 day
- Petworth House (Stately Home of the Duke of Somerset) half & 1 day
- Historic Dockyard HMS Victory, Mary Rose + others 1 day
- Sailing trips and Boat Hire (A variety of sailing experiences) half & 1 day
- Weald and Downland Living Museum (over 50 historic buildings from 950ad) 1 day
We are constantly adding other activities to the list to suit all tastes and requirements. Please phone if you are interested in in something not shown.
More details of some of the activities
Horse racing at Goodwood started in 1801 and the meetings at the end of July soon became established in the racing calender.
Fishbourne Roman Palace
The whole area is steeped in history and the Roman Palace at Fishbourne provides just one opportunity to experience our history first hand.
Royal Historical Dockyard and the Mary Rose
Mary Rose (Henty VIII's flagship), HMS Victory (Nelsons flagship), HMS Warrior 1860, HMS M.33, Harbour Tour boat trip and a variety of Museums and exhibitions
Motor racing at the Goodwood circuit started in 1936 and continued until the early 1960's. Recently this has been revived with the Festival of Speed in July and the Revival meeting in September.
West Sussex is blessed with many stately homes, gardens & exhibitions, including; Petworth House, Stanstead Park, Arundel Castle and the Weald & Down Museum to name but a few.
Organised tours by a world renowned ornithologist throughout the year.
West Sussex has a long coastline littered with marinas and yacht clubs. The Isle of Wight is just over the Solent with its testing tides and currents.We also offer days out on a yacht with meal and drinks on board.
William Blake lived in the village of Felpham from 1800-3 and his cottage is still standing in the village working for the famous poet laureate William Hayley. He lived adjacent to the Fox Inn Which he frequented and it is where he was charged with sedition eventually acquitted. It is here he penned the phrase 'this green and pleasant land'